Contemporary Art, Investment Art, Ceramics, Sculpture, Art Gallery Katoomba
$8000 First Prize
(Acquisitive to the major sponsor Mount Eyre Vineyards)
$2000 Second Prize
$500 Viewer’s Choice Prize in art materials (voucher) from The Artist's Store, Katoomba
The deadline for entries is fast approaching, don't miss this opportunity!
50 entries will now be shortlisted by our 3 independent judges and these artists will be contacted to submit their actual works for final selection and judging.
Mount Eyre Vineyards and Rex Livingston Art + Objects are thrilled to announce the much-anticipated return of the Mount Eyre Art Prize. We are excited to inform you that entries are now open for the prestigious Mount Eyre Art Prize 2023. With an enticing first prize of $8000, a generous second prize of $2000, and a viewer's choice prize valued at $500 worth of art materials, this competition is an unmissable opportunity.
The Mount Eyre Art Prize is a stepping stone for emerging and mid-career artists, providing them with exposure, validation, and resources to navigate the competitive art world. By participating in this competition, artists gain visibility and recognition among art critics, curators, and potential collectors. The financial rewards offered by the Mount Eyre Art Prize, provide artists with much-needed support to invest in their creative endeavours. The Mount Eyre Art Prize celebrates artistic talent and offers artists a chance to develop their skills and expand their artistic horizons. It is an unmissable opportunity for artists looking to elevate their careers, establish credibility, and engage with the vibrant art community.
Mount Eyre Vineyards
Nestled within the idyllic landscape of the Hunter Valley, Mount Eyre Vineyards flourishes, intertwining its rich cultural heritage deeply rooted in Greco-Roman origins. Just as Mount Eyre embraces the captivating realm of wine, their passion for art shines through. This harmonious connection between wine and art echoes the vibrant spirit of the Hunter Valley, inspiring both winemakers and artists with breath taking scenery, a welcoming community, and an unwavering dedication to craftsmanship.
Rex-Livingston Art + Objects
Located amidst the majestic Blue Mountains of NSW, the Rex-Livingston Art + Objects gallery in Katoomba offers selected artists a remarkable opportunity to exhibit their work. Against the backdrop of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed region, the exhibition not only provides a platform for artistic expression but also immerses visitors in the area's natural splendour and rich cultural heritage. With its prime location and the gallery director's extensive expertise in the art market, this exhibition promises a unique chance for artists to engage with a diverse audience while appreciating the profound world heritage value that surrounds them.
Rex Livingston Art + Objects is a highly respected gallery known for its commitment to showcasing both emerging and established artists. With an impressive portfolio that includes renowned names like Charles Blackman, Martin Sharp, Adam Cullen, and McLean Edwards among others, this gallery holds a prominent position in both local and national art markets.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to showcase your art, compete for amazing prizes, and potentially sell your work. Take part in the Mount Eyre Art Prize 2023 and let your creativity shine. ENTRIES CLOSE JULY 31 at MIDNIGHT! Yes we have extended the deadline !
Our Judges for 2023;
Neil Taylor, Professional Artist. Taylor's work has been selected for numerous major art awards, including the Archibald Prize, Wynne Prize, Sulman Prize, Tattersall’s Club Landscape Prize, NSW Parliament Plein Air Painting Prize and Calleen Art Award. Taylor is a past winner of the Mount Eyre Art Prize and Gosford Art Prize and a recipient of the Mosman Art Prize Viewer’s Choice Award. His work is held in private collections throughout Australia and overseas.
Geoff White, Director of Lost Bear Gallery, Katoomba. Geoff White has for many years worked closely and discreetly with a stable of emerging and established contemporary artists as an art broker, agent and dealer. Lost Bear Gallery is a leading destination for contemporary art in the Blue Mountains, with a superb collection of paintings, sculpture, ceramics and glass art by acclaimed Australian artists.
Dr Eve Tsironis, Medical Practitioner, Vigneron, Arts patron and Art collector.
Figure and Four Birds
David Asher Brook
1. The Mount Eyre Art Prize 2023 is open to all Australian citizens and residents who have been in the country for at least 12 months. The artwork(s) entered must have been produced in the last 18 months.
2. The first-place artwork will receive a prize amount of $8000, which is an acquisitive prize. The title of the winning artwork will be transferred to Mount Eyre Vineyards upon payment of the $8000 prize amount. The second-place winner will receive $2000 (non-acquisitive). The winner of the viewers' choice will receive a $500 gift voucher from The Artists Store, Katoomba, announced at the end of the exhibition.
3. Employees of Rex-Livingston Art + Objects and Mount Eyre, as well as their immediate family members, are excluded from entering the competition.
4. Artists who have a representation contract with Rex-Livingston Art + Objects are not eligible to enter the Mount Eyre Art Prize.
ENTERING THE ART PRIZE
5. To enter the Mount Eyre Art Prize, artists must complete the Entry Form, supply a 300dpi image of their entry, an artist statement and entry fee. An artist's CV is also desirable but not essential.
6. The entry form must clearly state the sale price of the work. If a sale is made, Rex-Livingston Art + Objects will retain a commission of 42% of the sale price + gst. The artist will be paid the balance within 30 days of the exhibition's conclusion or completion of the sale, whichever is the latter.
7. To ensure fair pricing for both artists and buyers, the price of each work should include GST (where applicable) and be based on realistic current market values for works of comparable size, date, and quality by the artist. If the price is deemed excessively high by Rex-Livingston Art + Objects, the artist may be asked to provide evidence of current market values to support their pricing.
8. On sale of the artwork, the artist must provide a tax invoice with an ABN (if applicable) and bank details for electronic funds transfer. Where GST is applicable, this amount must be reflected in the invoice.
9. The prize is open to painters, sculptors, photographers, ceramicists, digital, fibre, drawing and mixed media artists and is not limited to any specific genre.
10. The size of the work must not exceed 15,000 square centimetres in total for paintings etc. (For example, “80 x 122cm”) or 150,000 cubic centimetres for sculptures (for example, “80 x 50 x 36cm”).
11. All artworks must be clearly marked on the reverse side or labelled and firmly attached to the base of the artwork with the Artist’s Name, Date, Title, Medium, Size (H x W x D), Depth is required for sculpture.
12. The deadline for submitting entries for the Mount Eyre Art Prize is midnight on July 31, 2023. Entries can only be submitted online through the application form on the Mount Eyre Art Prize 2023 page.
13. Each artist may submit a maximum of two artworks. $35 entry fee for 1 work, $65 entry fee for 2 works.
14. No late entries will be accepted.
15. On August 2 and 3, 2023, 50 entries will be shortlisted and notified via email or telephone. These 50 shortlisted entries will be invited to submit their actual works for final selection. Artists should refrain from submitting actual works until they have been contacted by Rex-Livingston Art + Objects.
16. Rex-Livingston Art + Objects will exercise due care for the finalists' works but is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred while in its custody. Each artist is responsible for their own insurance coverage if needed.
17. To ensure proper display and handling during the exhibition, all works must be suitably framed for hanging. Stretched canvas is considered acceptable framing. Works must have D-Rings attached for hanging, positioned 8cm from the top of the stretcher bar, and include a hanging wire.
18. Shortlisted finalists' works must be delivered to Rex-Livingston Art + Objects, 182-184 Katoomba Street, Katoomba NSW 2780, no later than the CLOSE OF BUSINESS by August 14, 2023. The artist is responsible for all freight and transport costs. Works can also be delivered to Pack and Send Surry Hills, 27-31 Regent St, Chippendale NSW 2008 by Saturday, August 12, for bulk transport to Katoomba at a minimal cost.
19. Up to 40 works will be selected from the 50 shortlisted for real time final judging and exhibition.
20. Artists will be notified by August 2 or 3, 2023, via email or telephone if their entry has been successful or unsuccessful in progressing to the finalist stage of judging.
21. Unsuccessful shortlisted entries must be collected from the gallery by 5:00 pm on Monday, September 11, 2023.
22. A majority decision by the judges on any issue will be regarded as a valid and binding decision.
23. The judges' decision is final on all aspects of awarding the prizes. No appeals will be considered or entered into.
24. Where an artist's work is selected as a finalist for the Mount Eyre Art Prize, Rex-Livingston Art + Objects has the right to sell the work during the exhibition period (August 19 to September 11, 2023) and for two weeks after the exhibition ends if negotiations have commenced for purchase.
25. By submitting their works for consideration, all finalists consent to allow Mount Eyre and Rex-Livingston Art + Objects to reproduce their works, artist statements, and biographies in both hard copy and electronic media for advertising and promotional purposes during the exhibition period and for ongoing promotion of the Mount Eyre Art Prize.
26. The winning entries for the Mount Eyre Art Prize 2023 will be selected by the judges by August 17, 2023 and these artists will be notified. The viewers choice will be announced on September 12 after the votes have been collated from the exhibition visitors.
27. The Mount Eyre Art Prize exhibition will take place between August 19 and September 11, 2023, with the official opening and prize announcement on Saturday, August 26, 2023, between 2 and 4 pm at Rex-Livingston Art + Objects, Katoomba.
28. Unsold finalists' artworks must be collected no later than September 30, 2023. If, after 90 days from this date, the artist has not collected their work and all reasonable attempts to contact the artist have been unsuccessful, Rex-Livingston Art + Objects retains the right to sell the work and recover all associated storage and selling costs. In this case, the artist forfeits any claim on sales. If the work is unsaleable, Rex-Livingston Art + Objects may dispose of it.
29. By entering the Mount Eyre Art Prize, you consent to the information you have provided to Rex-Livingston Art + Objects and Mount Eyre to be used for administration of the prize, exhibition news and calls for entries in any planned future prize competitions.
Preparing your entry
City Fast is our preferred courier for interstate delivery. Contact Laurie by email or text -
email@example.com or on 0419 285 288
Entries can only be submitted online through the online entry form available above this section
50 entries will be shortlisted and artists will be contacted to submit their actual works for final selection.
Shortlisted finalists' works must be delivered to Rex-Livingston Art + Objects, 182-184 Katoomba Street, Katoomba NSW 2780, no later than th...
Artists will be notified by email or telephone if they have been successful or unsuccessful in progressing to the finalist stage.
Rex-Livingston Art + Objects, 182-184 Katoomba Street, Katoomba NSW 2780
The official opening and prize announcement will be held on Saturday, August 26, 2023, between 2 pm and 4 pm.
Rex-Livingston Art + Objects, 182-184 Katoomba Street, Katoomba NSW 2780
You can use our template to create your CV and Artists statement, if you don't have one. Simply download it (below) and complete it,
save the file, and then upload in the online entry form where you upload your image(s).
Copyright © 2023 Rex-Livingston Art + Objects - All Rights Reserved.